Chinese

About Us
History+

The Department of Mechanical Engineering (DME) was founded in 1932. It is one of the earliest departments in engineering field in Tsinghua University as well as one of the most historic engineering departments in China.

In 1952, the Department was restructured and renamed as the Department of Machinery Manufacturing.

In 1960, the Department of Machinery Manufacturing was split into two departments: the Department of Precision Instruments & Machinery Manufacturing and the Department of Metallurgy.

In 1971, the Department of Precision Instruments and Machinery Manufacturing was renamed as the Department of Precision Instruments.

In 1978, the Department of Metallurgy was renamed as Department of Mechanical Engineering.

In 1984, the Department of Precision Instrument was renamed as Department of Precision Instruments and Mechanology.

In 2012, the former DME and DPIM were recombined to the current Department of Mechanical Engineering.

 

1932

Department of Mechanical Engineering

1952

Department of Machinery Manufacturing

1960

Department of Metallurgy

Department of Precision Instruments and Machinery Manufacturing

1971

Department of Metallurgy

Department of Precision Instruments

1978

Department of Mechanical Engineering

Department of Precision Instruments

1984

Department of Mechanical Engineering

Department of Precision Instruments and Mechanology

2012

Department of Mechanical Engineering




Contact Us

010-62772677

mayue@tsinghua.edu.cn

A401, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tsinghua University, Wudaokou, Haidian District, Beijing(School Map)

Department Official Micro

Mechanical Orthophonia

Sound Of Machinery

Alumni Chapters

Copyright © 2020 Dept. of Mechanical Engineering Tsinghua University. All rights reserved.