Student Organizations of Department of Mechanical Engineering include: Student Union, Association of Science and Technology, Student Publicity Center and other associations.
The responsibilities of Student Union include: organizing various art and sport activities, serving students, etc. Student Union is an organization which has closest connection with students. The departments of Student Union are as the followings:
1. Sports Department
Taking “carry out sports activities” as the task, striving to construct sports atmosphere, organizing football, basketball, volleyball league, sports meeting, Beijing International Marathon as well as University Sports Meeting, etc.
2. Art Department
A series of art activities are organized by Art Department annually, which can not only nurturing students` spirituality, but also enhancing their art accomplishment. The Art Festival Party which directed and acted by students themselves was very popular. The Art Department has also organized students to shoot films several times.
3. Outreach Liaison Department
The outreach liaison department is an important department with responsibility of connecting society and university, the main tasks of the department are raise funds for student union and student activities, as well as contacting with other departments and other universities.
4. Internal Liaison& Rights and Interests Department
Internal Liaison& Rights and Interests department is an important belt for connecting internal relationship of student union and students, helping students to solve problems in study life and daily life, collecting proposals and protect students` rights and interests
1. 2. four sports clubs (Table tennis, Tennis, Badminton and Swimming) for everyone interested in sports.
Graduate Life Department
The Graduate Life Department works as a bridge between graduate students and the Dept of Mechanical Engineering which helps graduate students deal with problems in their daily life. And it also hosts activities to provide opportunities for graduate students to make more friends.
A series of art activities are organized by the Art Department annually, in which graduate students can show their talents and enjoy themselves.
The International Department mainlyservesand unites internationalgraduate students. It provides the platformfor the communication between Chinese and international graduate students, organizes the activities in which international students could have a sight into Chinese culture, as well as make timely notifications of the activities hold inthe Dept of Mechanical Engineering or Tsinghua University.
III. Association of Science and Technology
The main tasks of association of science and technology are creating favorable atmosphere for extracurricular science and technology activities and providing broad platform and sufficient recourses for students. The department formation is as the followings:
1. Technology Department
The technology department is in charge of maintaining the computer server, developing public network platform and promoting the development of association of science and technology
2. Project Department
The main tasks of the project department are complete the publicity work and other specific works.
Club is a communication platform for science and technology discussion, daily tasks of the club include: guiding students to participate competitions in the university and providing all kinds of hardware and technology support.
Ⅳ. Student Publicity Center
Student publicity center is in charge of providing publicity service for student organizations, including planning department and information department
1. Planning department
Planning department is in charge of direct publicity and planning, including helping student organization to design posters and roll screen, etc.
2. Information department
The information department provides a platform for students to show their ability and know about the development of department of mechanical engineering. It also edits the department publication “Mechanical Wave”, interviewing alumni and sharing their successful experiences.
Ⅴ.Brief introductionof Student Working Group
The Student Working Group of the Party Committee of the Department of Mechanical Engineering of Tsinghua University (hereinafter referred to as the Student Group of the Department) belongs to the Party Committee of the Department of Mechanical Engineering of Tsinghua University. Under the direct leadership of the Party Committee of the Department and the Student Department of the Party Committee of the University, it is fully responsible for and implements the work of Undergraduates in the Department, including the ideological and political education of undergraduates, the construction of the Party League, the construction of classes and style of study, student activities and Wait.
Under the direct leadership of the Deputy Secretary of the Party Committee in charge of student work, the department student group consists of one student group leader and eight counselors (including four grade counselors and four functional counselors). According to the actual situation, set up the student group deputy group leader, party building counselor, League secretary, each grade lead class counselor, psychological counselor, network counselor, female counselor and other work posts.
Among them, the functions of each post are as follows:
(1) Student group leader: fully responsible for the ideological and political education of undergraduate students, student daily affairs management and counselor team building, including the daily management of student group, counselor selection and assessment, overall coordination of counselor work, grant evaluation, employment work, etc.
(2) Vice-leader of student group: assist the student group leader in dealing with the daily work of the student group;
(3) Party Construction Counselor: Responsible for the Party Construction of undergraduate students in the whole department, including the cultivation of activists, the development of Party members, branch construction, the guidance of the Department's TMS Association and the work of the Party Class Group, etc.
(4) Secretary of the League Committee: In charge of the work of the student organizations in the Department (including the departmental League committee, the departmental student union, the departmental Student Science Association and the departmental student publicity center), including the daily work of the student organizations, the construction of cadres and the construction of the students'second classroom, etc.
(5) Network Counselor: responsible for information collection of main network platforms inside and outside the school, network maintenance within the school department, and help the school maintain the stability of the school network;
(6) Psychological counselors: responsible for the mental health education of Undergraduates in the whole department, assisting the school psychological counseling center to carry out the general survey and regular investigation of students'mental health, and assisting grade counselors in the prevention and intervention of psychological crisis;
(7) Girls'Counselors: They are responsible for the work of female students in the whole department, pay attention to the growth of female students and carry out activities such as salon for female students.
(8) Grade Counselors: Counselors in freshmen and senior grades are set up separately. They are specifically responsible for ideological and political education, class and style construction, students'all-round development and other grade affairs.
The student group also has a full-time teacher as a student work assistant and employment assistant, mainly responsible for undergraduate information management, employment work, alumni liaison and other work.
In addition, young teachers in all grades and classes also serve as class directors/head teachers to assist grade counselors in their work, mainly including class and style construction, career planning education and individual work.
Ⅵ.Brief introduction of League Committee
The League Committee of the Department of Mechanical Engineering is under the direct leadership of the Student Working Group of the Party Committee of the Department of Mechanical Engineering and the League Committee of Tsinghua University. Its work is mainly carried out in Ideological education, social practice, quality development, voluntary public welfare, grass-roots organization construction and cadre training. We are committed to the improvement of students'ideological quality and the construction of cadres.
At present, the departments of the Department and League Committee are as follows:
The office is a student organization under the League Committee of the Department of Mechanical Engineering. Its function orientation is a standing and co-ordinated department. It is mainly responsible for co-ordinating the daily work of the students'organizations in the department, collecting relevant information of the students' organizations and activities in the department, carrying out the selection and training of excellent talents in the department, and promoting the orderly development of the students'work in the Department of Mechanical Engineering. The main responsibilities include:
1. Recruitment of student organizations and selection of student backbone: Every spring semester of the academic year, we plan the recruitment work of various student organizations in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, and select a group of students who have the ability and interest in social work to enter the work of student organizations. And organize the annual student organization backbone renewal registration and selection work;
2. Primary guidance: responsible for the selection of primary counselors in freshmen classes in the department, compiling handbooks, improving the feedback mechanism of primary guidance, conducting regular exchanges and job description activities of primary guidance, supervising and supporting the work of primary guidance in all aspects;
3. Student backbone training: regularly organize training of student backbone competence, improve the working ability and comprehensive quality of student backbone in the department, and train a group of competent and responsible student backbone. And in daily work, actively liaise with the various departments of student organizations, to become a "link" connecting the departments, to promote exchanges and collaboration among departments;
4. Financial statistics and reimbursement: responsible for coordinating the financial statistics and reimbursement work of student organizations, submitting and feedback financial information once a month, to ensure the normal financial operation of student organizations;
5. Excellent style of study class evaluation: undertaking all kinds of work of excellent style of study class evaluation in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, hosting the annual excellent style of study class defense meeting in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, selecting and publicizing the excellent style of study classes in the Department of Mechanical Engineering;
6. Regular work: Collect weekly and monthly information briefings of student organizations, collate the minutes of regular meetings of Vice-Secretary chairmen in the department, statistics the personnel information of social work organizations, edit and publicize the documents of League committees.
(2) Organizational Group
The organizational group of the League Committee of the Department of Mechanical Engineering is a functional department of the League Committee of the Department of Mechanical Engineering. It is the executive body of the League Committee of the Department of Mechanical Engineering in organizing the work of the Communist Youth League. Its working orientation is "the bridge between the League Committee of the University and the branch of the grass-roots League, and the link between the League branch of the grass-roots League".
1. Democratic elections: regular congresses and meetings of delegates are organized to examine the list of candidates for members of grass-roots League branches;
2. Basic League affairs: responsible for the development of League members, the registration of League members, the management of League membership certificates, the change of League relations and the collection of League fees, etc.
3. Daily affairs: drafting the regulations of the league work system and supervising the implementation of grass-roots branches; statistics of League members'information; managing and inspecting the "league branch work manual"; regularly organizing regular meetings of class Leaders' books to convey the spirit of the League Committee in time and ensure the upload and delivery of organizational work;
4. Construction of grass-roots organizations: guiding the formulation and implementation of work plans of grass-roots League branches; communicating with grass-roots League branches to understand their situation and solve the difficulties of grass-roots League branches; doing a good job in evaluating the working level of League branches and selecting and recommending school-level League branches; guiding grass-roots League branches to do a good job of "promoting the best to join the Party";
5. Ideological education construction: paying attention to the ideological situation of grass-roots branches, leading the active and advanced ideas; supervising and guiding grass-roots branches to organize thematic group day activities; responsible for 129 series of activities, highlighting the style and spirit of the colleges and departments;
(3) Practice Group
Practice group is a student organization under the Department and League Committee. Its main purpose is to guide undergraduates to participate in social practice activities and create a second classroom for students. In addition to learning, undergraduates need to enter and contact the society as much as possible to cultivate their communicative ability, organizational coordination ability and practical ability. As a link between the College League Committee and students, practice group plays an important role in guiding students to participate in social practice activities in an all-round way.
1. "Mechanical Force" is a practice project at the college and department level, which has been carried out for a long time by the practice group of the League Committee of the Department of Mechanical Engineering. Practice group will integrate resources from all sides inside and outside the department, organize students to use their holidays to go to major manufacturing enterprises at home and abroad, understand the development status of manufacturing industry, and improve students'professional awareness and professional identity.
2. Summer Personal Social Practice: Every summer, the practice group encourages students in the Department to organize their own practice teams according to the social problems they are interested in, and participate in summer practice activities. Practice forms are free, ranging from visiting research enterprises to paying attention to the people's livelihood, or being enthusiastic about public welfare undertakings. The practice group will hold summer practice mobilization meetings and several training sessions for team leaders to support individual practice projects.
3. Winter vacation practice: mainly carried out in the form of returning home survey. The practice group helps students form a returning team. It designs questionnaires for each year's hot social issues. Students complete the survey during returning home and summarize it in the form of a team after school starts.
4. Double weekend practice: Mainly relying on various activities such as the undertakings of the group and League branches within the department, small-scale practice activities are carried out around Beijing in various forms.
(4) Volunteer group
Volunteer group is a student organization under the League Committee of the Department of Mechanical Engineering. Its function is to organize voluntary activities and create the whole department's volunteers.
Ⅶ.Brief introduction of Student Union
The Student Union of the Department of Mechanical Engineering is one of the three University Students'organizations in the Department of Mechanical Engineering. It mainly undertakes the responsibility of serving students, listening to their needs, building democracy within the Department, focusing on the development of rights and interests, strengthening the network resources, building brand style and actively speaking out to the outside world. It can be said that the student union is the student organization that contacts students most and most extensively. Most of the activities we see have more or less the participation of the student union. The Student Union is an organization with absolute aim and purpose of serving students.
At present, the departments of the Department Student Union are as follows:
(1) Inline Department
The inline department is the executive department of the student union and the chief steward of the student union. The Ministry of Internal Relations builds up the framework of the whole student union, coordinates the work of the whole student union, links various departments, and ensures the smooth operation of the whole student union. The work of the Ministry of Internal Relations can be divided into system construction, personnel management and financial management.
(2) Outreach Department
The Outreach Department is an important department of the Department of Mechanical Engineering responsible for external liaison and striving for resources both inside and outside the school. At the same time, it also represents the image of the Department of Mechanical Engineering. The Outreach Department is an important source of financial support for the student union's expenditure activities and new work projects, and also a window for the student union to communicate with the outside world.
(3) Ministry of Life Rights and Interests
The Ministry of Life Rights and Interests focuses on rights and interests and serves students'lives. Starting from the students'vital interests, we should find problems, sort out proposals, give feedback and safeguard their rights and interests. Starting from the students' daily life, we should pay full attention to the clothing, food, housing and transportation of the students in the department, and provide practical information in daily learning and life.
(4) Ministry of Learning and Development
Learning Development Department is an important department in the student union to help students achieve "self-development". It is also a key department to serve students'daily learning and life. It is also one of the departments most needed by students. The work of the Learning and Development Department is divided into two parts: learning and development. At the same time, it is responsible for debates and other activities in its routine work. The Department of Learning and Development is also responsible for the "Outstanding Family Friends and Tutors Program" of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, which provides a lot of help for students'development path.
(5) Ministry of Sports
The Ministry of Physical Education strives to promote the construction of the department's sports atmosphere. It organizes a series of colorful sports activities including football, basketball, volleyball league matches and department games. It also undertakes the tasks of horse cup registration, training organization, competition logistics and so on. It is one of the most important departments of the Student Union.
(6) Ministry of Literature and Art
The Ministry of Literature and Art is the most dynamic, imaginative and creative department in the Department of Mechanical Engineering. The Ministry of Literature and Art has greatly enriched students'extracurricular life by organizing student festivals, freshmen's dances, Department song contests and graduate activities, and at the same time, it has made students more aware of student unions and enhanced their feelings with the broad masses of students. Through the construction of mass literature and art in the department, it has lowered the threshold for students to participate in literature and art, and made literary and art work close to students.
(7) Department of Cultural Planning
The Ministry of Cultural Planning is the core force of the propaganda system planning and the implementation of the propaganda program for the students'activities in the Department of Mechanical Engineering. Through abundant propaganda work, Wen Ce, on the one hand, let the students in the department know all kinds of student activities, and then increase their participation and recognition of the activities; on the other hand, it shows the students in the Department of Mechanical Engineering a variety of activities, and promotes the cultural brand of the Department of Mechanical Engineering to the whole school. In recent years, the Ministry of Cultural Planning has been growing steadily, and the level of publicity has been improving continuously.
Ⅷ.Brief introduction of Association for science and technology
Under the leadership of the Student Working Group of the Party Committee of the Department of Mechanical Engineering and the Student Science Association of Tsinghua University, the Student Science Association of the Department of Mechanical Engineering is responsible for coordinating the academic and scientific resources of the department, helping the students of the Department of Mechanical Engineering to develop their academic and scientific research, and promoting the atmosphere of the department's extracurricular and extracurricular activities by organizing scientific and technological competitions, training and forming interest teams. The Association of Science and Technology of the Department of Mechanical Engineering is committed to providing comprehensive services for students in the Department in their subject creation activities and academic development.
At present, the department settings of the Department Students'Association are as follows:
(1) Project Department
The project department is mainly responsible for the information of scientific research within the department, the collation of project data and the transmission of scientific research information within the school. The main work includes three aspects: first, laboratory research and interviews, collecting more detailed laboratory information, providing more reference for students when choosing SRT and considering the direction of graduate students; second, collating the information of excellent scientific research projects, providing more ideas for students to start scientific research projects; in addition, we are also responsible for organizing some activities, such as the World Breakthrough Project, and so on. Interdepartmental communication, Beichanguochuang Defense Conference, freshmen visiting laboratories and so on.
We have the richest and most comprehensive scientific research information, and at the same time, we try our best to provide support for students'scientific research activities. In the future, we will continue to work hard to provide students with better quality, more comprehensive information and better service for students.
(2) Competition Department
The Competition Department is responsible for organizing and organizing all major science and technology innovation competitions in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, including the New Machinery Creative Competition, the Machinery Maze Competition and the Machinery Innovative Design Competition. At the same time, the Competition Department is also responsible for the specific issues of the Challenge Cup of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, and compiles a new science and technology manual to provide a platform and support for each student who intends to embark on the road of scientific creation.
(3) Learning Department
The learning department is mainly responsible for maintaining the servers of the Departments'Association of Science and Technology and developing the network platform of the Departments' Association of Science and Technology. Mechinfo is used to publish articles and information, owncloud cloud disk is used to distribute massive learning materials and provide cloud storage services for other student organizations. In addition, the Ministry of Learning also organizes a series of technical training of "Aircraft Passenger Development Program" to provide technical basis for students in the Department to participate in science creation events and scientific research activities.
The club is committed to building a platform for scientific research exchanges among students of our department, providing support for competitions and serving students. The daily work of the club is mainly to help and guide the participants of the Department to participate in various school competitions, and to provide them with various materials, equipment, venues and technical support.
The Club is also responsible for the Operations and Maintenance Science and Technology Activity Room (located in A314-4 of Li Zhaoji Science and Technology Building), with a number of 3D printers, 3D scanners, high-performance computers and various processing equipment and common tools, providing strong hardware support for students participating in science and tech